Doorbell is a buzzer which is set outside of the door. It rings to announce the presence of a visitor or caller. When the doorbell has been made first, it was mechanical device. It would be activated by pulling cord. But the modern doorbells are electric with lots of amazing advantages.
Now-a-days basically two kinds of doorbell are common. One is wired doorbell another is wireless doorbell. Wired doorbell is a traditional doorbell which incorporates wiring and being plugged into an electrical system.
The wireless doorbell is an electronic device which can be set without any wire. It has a radio transmitter to send a signal to receiver which activates the chime alerting the occupant that the someone is at the door.
Installation process of wireless doorbell
The wireless doorbell is more advanced than wired doorbell. The process of installation of wireless doorbell is also comparatively very easier than wired doorbell.
Before buying a product everyone should know the process of how it works or how to set it up. If you want to buy or you have already bought a wireless doorbell, then you are to know the installation process of the wireless doorbell. I hope this article will help you to install it very easily and successfully.
Every wireless doorbell has two main parts. These are button and receiver. You have to install both part individually.back to menu ↑
Installation process of wireless doorbell button:
- Insert the battery first.There are different kinds of batteries of different company. You have to choose the best one for you. There is a website addressed as 1800doorbell.com is a good source of getting a comparatively long-life battery.
- Choose a spot for installation where the doorbell button is visible and easy to reach. About 4 feet above the floor is suitable for everyone including the wheel chaired person.
- Adapt to your surface. For doorbell button Wood, vinyl, aluminum doors and doorsills are all comfortable surfaces. For metal doors or doorframes, however, you may need to place a wooden shim behind the doorbell button to prevent signal interference from the metal. For masonry or brick installation, you may need a plastic shield before under the button, between it and the masonry, for a secure hold when screwing in.
- Attach with adhesive strip or screws
Installation process of wireless doorbell receivers:
- First insert any batteries
- Power them on
- Sync with transmitter button. Press the chime control button and select chime module. Go to push button transmitter outdoors and press the button. This action synchronizes both the outdoor doorbell push button and the indoor chime unit.
- Select your sound choice for the front door and back door. This lets you know which door to answer.
- Set volume.
- Test to be sure the signal reaches.
Installation process of wired doorbell
- Select the suitable places where the button and receiver will be placed.
- Set the button of the doorbell at convenient position so that everyone can reach the button including the person who moves by wheel chair.
- Set the receiver at such place, from where anyone of the home from any side can hear the ring of the doorbell.
- Follow the instructions what are suggested by manufacturer. Because surface of the wall may not be suitable for doorbell buttons. Suitability of doorbell button may vary from material to material of the surface.
- Plan your wiring before you begin. Because there are multiple wires. You have to choose carefully and correctly which wire will have to be connected with which wire.
- Turn off all power sources of your home.
- Connect a wire to the screw on the doorbell button and run the wire directly to the transformer.
- Connect the other end of the second wire to the screw on the receiver of the doorbell.
- Connect the third wire from the receiver to the second screw on the transformer.
- And finally test the doorbell if it is working or not.